Oceania Cruises unveiled plant-based menus at sea as their latest OceaniaNEXT innovation.
Plant-based choices will be available at breakfast, lunch, and dinner in The Grand Dining Room and Terrace Café and guests will also have plant-based options available upon request during dinner service in each of the specialty restaurants. The new menu items were developed by Oceania Cruises’ culinary leadership team with world-renowned chef, culinary instructor, and author Christophe Berg.
The range of cuisines includes Italian, Greek, Middle Eastern, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese, Mexican, Italian, Malaysian, and more. There are healthy Power Bowls and Poke Bowls, pastas and pad Thai, salads and soups. Decadent items from an Impossible Cheeseburger, Truffle Mac and Cheese, and an Apple-Oatmeal Crumble with plant-based Vanilla Ice Cream and Coco-Vanilla Cashew Crème Brulee will be served as well.
These items will be in addition to vegetarian and Canyon Ranch Healthy Living selections.
Selected menu highlights include:
- Breakfast: Banana-Oatmeal Pancakes with Berries and Maple Syrup; Green Apple Müesli with Pistachios, Pecans, and Yellow Raisins; and Avocado Toast on Rustic Farmers Bread.
- Lunch: Chilled Melon Soup with Port; Korean Kimchi Soup; Hawaiian Poke Bowl; and Penne au Pistou with Broccoli and Sundried Tomato.
- Dinner: Som Tam Green Papaya Kelp Noodle Salad; Roasted Butternut Squash with Arugula, Mango, Black Radish and Hearts of Palm; Sweet Potato-Oat Tarte with Forest Mushroom and plant-based Truffle Cheddar Sauce and Falafel Fritters with plant-based Harissa Mayo, Cucumber, Mint, and Capers.
- Desserts: Plant-based Vanilla Mango Ice Cup, Crispy Granola; Vodka-Marinated Strawberries Romanoff with plant-based Vanilla Ice Cream; and Summer Berry Pudding Chantilly.
- Raw Juices and Smoothies: The Raw Juice and Smoothie Bar is located on the pool deck, adjacent to Waves Grill, and serves raw, cold-pressed juices and vegan smoothies all morning long from 7:00 AM until 11:00 AM. Choices include the Rise & Shine juice, Coco Island juice, Tropical Green smoothie, Sweet Green juice, Yellow Sunshine smoothie, Cacao Joy smoothie, Cold Brew latte, Acai Berry bowl, and Chia Cashew Yogurt bowl.